Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A few days to catch back up


I got a bit lazy at the end of the last few days and fell behind so let me catch back up. Sunday was a pretty quiet day. We tried our hands at clam hunting again and once again we were busted. Clearly we need help from a local but I doubt we will try that again.

We went to the beach again for a few hours. Compared to our last time a the beach, it was positively crowded. There had to be at least 6 people within view! We did see a jelly fish that I chased around in the waves for a few minutes with my sport camera.

After that we retired back to the house where I played with my camera drone for a bit. The picture at the top of the post, if you look closely at it, you can see my at the back of house waving to the drone. The next two are looking north and then south from Grosse-Ile from an altitude of about 200 meters. As you can see, there is a lot of beaches.


Yesterday we did a boat trip out to Ile d'Entree. I was really something to see. The community of 60 people are primarily english speaking but are quite bilingual. Our zodiac captain gave a tour around the island to stat with. I couldn't get over the fact that it looked like something out of Lord of the Rings! I felt like we went back in time.




After our tour around the island, we went on shore and had a look around. You can really see how the sea air and wind can take it's tole on things. The people we met were very friendly and happy to talk to us. I took the time to play around with black and white photography again. It just seemed like the right medium.










No seafood for dinner last night. It didn't seem right but the spaghetti and meatballs was very good.

Okay, so that catches back up to today. Lucky me. I have managed to come down with a cold so we had a slow day. We headed toward Harve-aux-Maisons to visit a traditional fish smoke house and a local cheese shop. On the way we stumbled across another smaller, rougher but also beautiful beach.


We made it to the shops we wanted to visit and picked up a few ingredients for dinner. Seafood chowder!

Tomorrow is our last full day here so we will have to see what we can fit in before we have to pack for the ferry back to the mainland and our next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment